SPRING COIL PRESS WHEEL
The Ryan NT (formerly RFM NT) Coil Press Wheels replace rubber wheels and have a unique self-cleaning and self-closing action.
SPRING COIL PRESS WHEEL FITTED ON A SIMPLICITY SEEDER
COIL PRESS WHEELS FROM AUSTRALIA'S LEADING AGRICULTURAL NO TILL RETROFITTER – RYAN NT (FORMERLY RFM NT)
Ryan NT (formerly RFM NT) has a long history of manufacturing press wheels in Australia. The CWS2000 Spring Coil Press Wheel is answering challenges found with seeding systems. The unique self-cleaning and self-closing action of the coil wheel has made it a revolutionary Australian seeder press wheel.
GET THE BEST GERMINATION
The unique squeezing action of the coil self-cleans sticky soil and trash, works in all broadacre soil types and conditions, won’t pick up seed and outstandingly closes off furrows.
- Coils press out air from the soil around the seed, producing great seed soil contact, allowing seeds to germinate with ease.
- Coil wheels naturally squeeze to reduce pressure directly on the surface, stopping crusting or air pockets from forming.
- The wheels work in heavy stubble or trash, sticky, sand or light soils, and do not pick up seed from the furrow.
The robustness of the coils can handle stony conditions.
- Create an excellent loose tilth above the seed and a hard press, giving farmers a better potential for a good yield.
Options to suit your machine
The Ryan NT CWS2000 Spring Coil Press Wheel are 16″ in diameter and have 2 or 3 coil options to match the closing action needed. This is available in:
- A standalone retrofit coil wheel that fits onto your current assembly or;
- A rear mount press wheel assembly which can fit onto a lazy bar;
- A tyne mounted model, which has a seeding boot option.
The Spring Coil Press Wheel eliminate the hassles of conventional rubber systems. For instance, the coil’s material is spring steel, meaning farmers do not have to replace splitting or deteriorating rubber wheels. The wheel is proven in most conditions, from sticky trash to sand.
What are the benefits to press wheels?
Press wheels can significantly increase emergence and improve seedling durability.
The main benefits include:
- Increase seed soil contact
- Maximise moisture retention
- Increase local soil compaction, which restricts insect movement and consequent damage to seeds and seedlings
- Reduce emergence depth by decreasing the distance between the seed and the soil surface
- Improve uniformity of soil coverage across the width of a planting machine
- Close the furrow to prevent surface light penetration, reducing the risk of premature sub surface leaf emergence
- Concentrate rain into the seed furrow, promoting faster secondary root development
In Australia and the world, Ryan NT leads in developing and manufacturing press wheels and other equipment for no-till farming. The company now offers several coil wheels, including gauge wheels and closing wheels for precision planting and seeding. The Ryan NT Press Wheels can achieve even greater success when used with the Ryan NT double discs.
|Coil Spring Wheel|
Self-cleans in mud
Leaves a firm tilth without smearing or crusting
No splitting or deteriorating rubber
|Timken F204 Bearing x 2||Better reliability and serviceability.|
|Adjustable Compression Spring on the mount||Easily adjust pressure when moving to different conditions.|
|Mounting Bracket||Can fit 50 x 50 or 75 x 75 RHS frames.|
|Seeding Boot Bracket|
Easily attach seeding boot.
For planting canola or small seeds into the furrow.
|Brass bush pivots||For higher wearing.|
|2 Coil Wheel Width:||Uncompressed 50mm or 28mm when compressed|
|3 Coil Wheel Width:||Uncompressed 75mm or 45mm when compressed|
|Wheel Size/OD:||400mm (16”)|
|Ideal pressure:||20lb / 9kg|
|Small Seed Boot|